Friday, September 29, 2006
Ferdinand: There Was No Intention To Leave The Club
Rio Ferdinand said he wants to play the rest of his career with United. The former Ledds United defender signed a new Old Trafford deal last season after a controversial negotiation.

"When the whole contract situation arose it went from being a great relationship with the fans to being the worst with anti-Rio banners being held up. I could understand it," he said at the launch of his autobiography `My Story'.

"I could understand the fans' feelings in view of what they were being fed in the media. But that was one of the reasons I wrote the book. I wanted people to know that there was no intention on my behalf to leave the club.

"The manager asked me what was going on with the Kenyon meeting. It was a freak, chance meeting. I didn't want to sign for Chelsea. I never spoke to him about that. I just wanted to sign for United.

"The proof of the pudding was me signing. That was all I ever wanted to do. "I don't mess around. If I didn't like it here I would tell the manager that I wanted to leave. But I love it here. Some days I wake up and think I might stay in Manchester for the rest of my life and raise my children.

"Going abroad or anywhere else that people might think would guarantee success more are not even thoughts I have in my mind. "I have no other thoughts in my head other than playing for United and winning things.

"People seem to think that Londoners don't want to leave London and come here. "The common image of me is somebody who loves the bright lights. Yes I did. But you evolve as a person and you change.

"I have a baby now and responsibilities. That changes you even before we had the baby I was thinking the same way."
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
posted by Nuruddeen710 at 12:32 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: