Tuesday, September 26, 2006
"Magic Boots"
Portuguese legend Eusebio says Cristiano Ronaldo has magic in his boots. He says: "Ronaldo has magic in those boots. The first thing you notice about him is that he is incredibly quick and very, very powerful for such a young man.

"He has great close control and his technique is excellent. "He believes he can do anything with the ball and that confidence makes him very special indeed."

Upon meeting Benfica tonight in Lisbon, Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo will try to erase the nightmare of last season's Champions League when he was red carded and booed by the opposing fans.

He was is determined to prove his commitment against Benfica tonight. He says: "I want to show all United fans what this club means to me.

"I want to win the European Cup for Manchester United. That is my main aim."I know how much the competition means to this club and to me. I believe we can do it with this team."

He added: "I'd be very proud if one day I am held in the same esteem as George Best or David Beckham. That is what I am working hard towards. To do that, I know I need to win trophies - and the European Cup is a special one.

"This is one of the biggest clubs in the world and I want to leave my mark. I'd like the fans to one day say I was one of the club's great players."
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
posted by Nuruddeen710 at 12:35 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: