Friday, August 11, 2006
Rooney to Ronaldo: I forgive you
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney admits that he was very dissapointed with Cristiano Ronaldo because of the Quarter final incident but has already forgiven him.

Rooney was quoted saying; "It's fine now. I spoke to him on the night after the game," said Rooney. "I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed with the way he ran over to the referee.

"But at the end of the day we weren't team-mates that day. We were rivals. I wanted to win, he wanted to win for his country so we have to get on with it and hopefully do well for Manchester United together.

"I think he should have won the young player award at the World Cup but because of the criticism he got it was taken away from him.

"I was disappointed for him, I think everyone at the club was disappointed for him. He had a good tournament and I don't think he should have had it taken away for him because of that."
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
 
posted by Nuruddeen710 at 9:03 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: